Saturday, August 4, 2012

Long time, no blog

Wow. This is absolutely appalling. It's been months, again proving that I'm absolutely terrible at this. If there is one thing that I can blame at the moment, it is a lack of external stimuli. Over the past few months, I've taken to a somewhat hermetic lifestyle, mainly for economic reasons. See, I had a job for a bit, and ever since that job ended, I've been spending the majority of my time either at home on my couch, at my friend's place on his couch, or at various band practices. While that is good news for my consistently dwindling bank account, it is bad news for this blog.

I'm one of those folks who thrives on external stimuli when it comes to blogging. I see stuff around me on the bus, at a coffee shop, at the bar - wherever - and I find that it stirs up something in me or something like that, and then I write about it here.

So half the reason I haven't written in a while is the fact that plain and simple that I haven't really had much of anything to write about. I don't think anyone is really interested in left side of the couch vs. right side of the couch, or how excited I was when I finally got a DVD rack that I could fit everything into so that I could finally get the boxes out of my living room. Nobody other than myself or my roommates care when I max out my character in Borderlands. You get the picture. I am leading a pretty darn mundane life at the moment, and while there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't exactly make for good reading.

So, here's to hoping that I become more active again. I start a new contract job next week, which will mean upwards of ten hours a week on MUNI which is always rife with blog-worthy material. Also, I just want to be more disciplined in setting aside some more time on a regular basis to write; I am, by profession, a writer (some might argue) and therefore I do need to keep the old tools well honed.

So let's hope that this is the start of a more diligent trend. As always, I'm not making any promises, but it would be good to get back into the swing of things a little bit more.

No comments: