Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays?

Well wrap me in tinsel and call me crabby - I can't believe I have to go back to friggin' work tomorrow. I managed to accomplish basically nothing all weekend long. Band practices under achieved, my overall number of friends socialized with is on the low side, even for me, and I got neither blogging nor thesis work done. Granted, writing has been limited to the few moments here and there where I can escape the cacophony that is know as my mother trying to talk to my grandmother. I'll just say thank heavens for Bose headphones.

I do at least promise my "Best albums of 2008" posting in the next day or two, once I get a chance to sit down with my iTunes and really have a chance to sort through it all.

So what has been good news from the past year in case you haven't already read or known first hand from me? Well, there's the new band, my borderline obsessive love for web comics, my employment, and a new standing Saturday night at the bar ritual that is one of the two major reasons I look forward to the weekend. I could talk about downside stuff, but it's the garden variety stuff: still single, my liver's gradual erosion, and things hurting more and for longer periods than they did a few years ago.

So, looking forward to 2009 your guess is as good as mine. I don't do resolutions, because they only cause me to be more disappointed in myself than usual. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic. I appear to be in a good spot to get some significant things wrapped up this year (namely the thesis, but I'm sure there's more) and thanks to my relatively newfound full time employment, I am becoming more and more financially stable every day.

Anyhow, I've rambled on long enough. The next few postings should be a tad more exciting and compelling, but at the end of the year, I think every blogger gets to self-indulge ever so slightly in one of those "looking back, looking forward" postings. Unfortunately, I don't get that into them.

1 comment:

Jamie O said...

Hey there, glad to have found your blog again. I enjoy your writing. Happy holidays and here's to the new year! :)