Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another recommendation post.


Don't worry too much, this won't get terribly specific. I just thought I'd share a little of the enjoyment I'm having at the moment. This definitely falls into the "finer things in life" category.

It's one of the first nights in a while where it really feels like Winter. True, in San Francisco, that doesn't mean a hell of a lot, since things don't get especially cold here. But it's been foggy much of the day, so the air is clear and crisp. It's cold, but it's a relatively still cold; the wind is mild and really quite refreshing. It's a dark and quiet night, and I am sitting here in my cozy little basement hovel. I've been listening to The One AM Radio as I've been working out finishing the outline for the latest chapter of my thesis. The whole evening I've just had the string of Christmas lights lighting my room. I'm full on homemade turkey-noodle soup.

For me, this is what evenings at home should be, and I haven't had one this peaceful in a while. I am not all hopped up on caffeine as I tend to be most nights when I'm chasing my academic pursuits, I haven't been drinking, which as of late has been a change of pace as well. We all made it through the Thanksgiving weekend, and it is finally starting to feel like Winter for a change. Hell, I think there's even a pretty good chance of rain this week.

So, if you get the chance in the next couple of days, sit back and enjoy the oncoming Winter. This is that beautiful time of the year when you can legitimately enjoy the cold weather, since we're hopefully not tired of it just yet.

No comments: