Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Making up for lost blog

Well folks, I've managed to do it again -- I have been utterly neglectful of my blog for over a week now. Luckily, it appears that my part in the recording process with the new band is finished, for the time being at least, my thesis is inching its way towards being back on track, and work is maintaining at its steady pace if not getting a tad more involved. Other than that, I have just been trying to catch up in the world of reading, television, and the like.

Alas, I am getting that "new year is in full effect, birthday is looming in the not-too-distant future" sense of restlessness. I feel like there is more that I should be doing, or that I should be re-prioritizing my efforts these days. I can't say that I'm especially let down with things at the moment -- rather, I'm happy to be employed, in good bands, and surrounded by great friends. Still, every year around this time I get a little antsy. I just can't help myself.

Unfortunately, life has been most anything but interesting. Work, music, bars, billiards, even a little bowling - but nothing at all out of the ordinary. No wild drunken shenanigans, no pee pants, just the regular nine-to-five (and then seven to midnight) life that I have come to know. I wonder if that is the problem, or what's getting my goat? I wonder if I am growing too complacent with the humdrumming of my regular existence, or if this feeling is just a byproduct of the time of year.

Either way, it's grown way too late already. I will be working on my paper at the coffee shop the next two days, and you know that's usually a breeding ground for stories, so I hope to have something a tad more entertaining in the next few days.

No comments: