Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So Excited I Forgot to Title this Post

My good old friend Augi made my day by posting the following video to Twitter and claiming me as the star. Since this is a blog covering the finer points of how to be Bill, you can now all be let in on the secret.




But if you're really going to pull this off, make sure you're carrying a copy of Camus' The Stranger while drinking a cup of custom roasted, french pressed coffee. Trust me, it TOTALLY works.


ADDENDUM: Any time when you hear me talk about Explosions in the Sky, my hands-down favorite Post-Rock band, that's really me speaking in code. I'm actually talking about John Cougar Mellencamp.

2 comments:

Jon said...

That. Is. AWESOME.

I totally got ripped on earlier this quarter by some girl. She asked me what I was listening to and when I showed her my iPod she said, "Oh, I used to like Green Day, before they sold out. Ooh, Warning? Yikes."

~B~ said...

See, Jon -- with the hipster pod that could have just as easily been "a Joy Division b-sides collection" or "an import Fiery Furnaces CD".

I'm telling ya, brother. It'll change your life.


On a more legitimate note -- I had that happen once. For all my hipster pretension and musical snobbery, a co-worker whom I'd had moderate designs on trying to impress at the time passed me once as I was rocking out to my 'pod. And what did I happen to be listening to at this fateful moment?

Bowling for Soup.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.