Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Not a good sign.

Some of you may remember in this blog some time ago, I wrote how I can never be an indie rock star because I don't have the Ben Gibbard/Colin Meloy separated at birth identical twin thing going on.

Unfortunately, I think I may have found further evidence that I may never be a great writer either. This may not be news, this may not be surprising, but there's a cross-generational pairing that don't look like, and they're two authors that I'm really ever so fond of. I'm talking, of course, about Chuck Palahniuk and Jack Kerouac.
Don't believe me? The proof is in the puddin':


Jack Kerouac, beat writer extraordinaire and one of my all-time favorite writers.


Chuck Palahniuk, one of my favorite authors of the last ten years.

I guess instead of wasting away in grad school, I really should have been getting to work on dying my hair black, developing stronger cheekbones, and making my ears stick out. It's attention to detail like that which will shoot you to the top!

No comments: