Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why do you taunt me so?


Oh blinking cursor, wallowing there on the blank white screen, why are you such a jerk? You sit there all calm and coy, mocking, judging, bothering me.

This has become my life. I sit around a vast majority of the day at work... what do I see? That little bastard cursor staring back at me. The only difference is that at work the cursor there is a little bit larger and in much higher definition with a killer contrast ratio.

I come home at night, and here I sit, cursor glaring at me with its blinking smugness. All I want to do is write something creative and fun and maybe even a little silly, but what do I get? White spaces and a blinking cursor.

Now I face an even more daunting cursor: the cursor that blinks at me when I open up Word and try to find a way to start my thesis. So far, I am somewhere between "In" and "When" and that's about as much progress as I've gotten so far.

Alas, I should call it a night before I try to single-handedly pluck this cursor off my screen. Fare the well, gentle readers. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have some especially witty or silence this little bastard cursor. Until then, it will haunt my dreams.

No comments: