Thursday, February 26, 2009

In My Wildest Dreams...

... My world would have an official soundtrack and score. I'm not talking one of those cheesy "everyone can hear the music I'm listening to at any given moment" kind of things, I'm talking the full on Hollywood treatment. That means there are pauses when there is no background music playing, but think about it... when I hit the bar I can cue up my life soundtrack to damn near whatever goofy song I want and walk in with some kind of crazy swagger. If I want to get... "tender" with a lady, bam just sap my fingers and there's My Bloody Valentine's album Loveless, which most folks should know is hipster for "I want to make out with you."

But I'm not limiting myself to soundtrack here, folks. I'm talking full-on score. Flighty silly "riding on the bus" music, whistful piano music when I recline back in my chair and crisscross my fingers at the back of my neck, mambo music for when I'm making mischeif, and, of course, old-timey vamping piano music for when I walk down the street.

Some might consider that schizophrenia, some might think it's hints of synesthesia, but I think it's just a good hearty smattering of my life as seen through my eyes. Welcome to the madness.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I'd love it if I had a soundtrack.

Susan said...

I didn't know MBV's Loveless is code for "I want to make out with you." Do I lose all my hipster cred now?