Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ughhhh

Alas, it's been another week since I've posted, but this week was actually filled with productivity...

Highlights of the past week include:

- Finishing Chapter Two of the great undertaking known as my thesis. Grand total: forty pages. I'm, theoretically, within spitting distance of being done. I even had a chance to enjoy a sit-down with my advisor. I felt like a real student again for a day and a half there.

- A full week of band practices (Tues, Weds, Thurs, and Sunday afternoon). All the bands sound good, new material is progressing, and my fingers are pleasantly hurting still.

- A pretty good weekend chock full of friends and good times. Hit the bars, did lunches, dinners, moves, the whole nine.

Lowlights included:

- Disgusting woman on the bus trimming her nails on the bus. I'm sure I've vented about this in the past, but that shit is just plain nasty.

- "our bar" had a miniature makeover. Now I no longer feel like I own the place - I just feel like I'm renting it on Saturday nights.

- 3:30 am Tuesday morning, I was wrapping up a day's work on my paper when a moth flew into my head. I swear, I can't make this stuff up. It must have been retaliation for the spider party I broke up the other night. But yeah, imagine that. Bill sitting down in his basement hovel, working to stay awake and crank out the last dregs of creative writing for the night, when I hear a fluttering and *whap* this nasty fucking bug smacks me upside the temple. That is not what you want to snap you back into consciousness late at night.

- Heartburn has come back. I don't know if it's the whiskey, the increased coffee intake, or the decreasing amounts of sleep, but this stuff is kicking my ass again.

Sorry for the lame posting, but I've had a headache creeping on. The nine to five (or nine to six fifteen today) grind has not only taken the piss out of me, it has reduced the exposure that I'm used to for interesting and bizarre folks who are usually the fodder for the blog mockery that happens right here. Hopefully I'll be exposing myself to weirdos some more later this week. Pun intended.

1 comment:

Jamie O said...

I agree with you 100% on the "clipping your nails on the bus" thing. WHY WHY?? must people wait until they are on the bus to do this?! Filthy!
Congrats on the thesis work!!