Thursday, July 30, 2009

It Finally Makes Sense to Me

Two facts you may have already gleaned from me:






1) I am a night owl, and therefore quite the "not a morning person"

2) I have been under the weather recently, and therefore I have been getting a lot more sleep lately.

Suddenly, everything makes a hell of a lot more sense. See, last night I was feeling kind of like garbage, so I hit the ol' hay around nine o'clock - a feat I have not accomplished since the ripe age of... I don't even remember when. I still woke up at the usual time, around 7:15, yet something was off. I wasn't really cranky. I didn't immediately feel a distaste for anyone I laid eyes on. My stomach was completely settled, my head was clear as a bell, and I felt a bit of a devil-may-care attitude as I woke up.

Suddenly, I realized: this is what it's like for those well-rested morning people. See, all those mornings that I was tired and frustrated, those smiling masses were waking up from their eight or ten hours of sleep, ready to tackle yet another day as the sun rises.

So what's my solution? Now that I'm feeling better, I am staying up until the wee hours of the morning writing a blog about the whole "wow I got sleep one night and felt like a normal human in the morning" thing. Perhaps old blue eyes put it best (not that this applies to me tonight or at all this week): "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Amen, Frank.

No comments: