Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This is why I'm Hot

We all know my feelings about talking about the weather, but goddammit, it's too damn hot these days, and daylight savings time is really getting to me. I think it's my generally nocturnal nature, paired with my rearing in the fog belt of San Francisco, but the fact that it's usually daylight when I wake up in the morning, and remains light out until some time in the neighborhood of eight thirty or nine in the evening is throwing me way off.

See, I'm not going to say "I like the nightlife, I like to boogie" (even if it is true), but I will say this: I find to an increasing degree that I really need a certain number of waking hours after sundown for my well being and sanity. It sounds funny, but I really find that I feel far more awake and alive in the nighttime hours, I feel like much of my waking time with the sun out is spent waiting for the sun to go away. Yes yes, I know, I spend most of my daylight hours at work, and the night is when I go out and get into trouble and all that, but to be honest, I'm the same way when I'm at home. Still, I find it increasingly difficult to not roll my eyes when the people at work get all up on their "ooohhh I'm so happy it's so nice and sunny out today" - it's just another too sunny day for me.

So I say, "Up yours, sun. Quit following me around. Just to get back at you, I just might go visit Sweden at the equinox so I can spend like 38 hours without having to see you. Jerk."

As a means of illustration, this picture below would be me, if I were an Italian plumber named Mario.


No comments: