Thursday, September 17, 2009

So Bill...

... what have you been doing all this time since you last raved about chili cheese tots?

I suppose the best answer would be "a little bit of everything." Things have been kicking in the music world, with Hello Monster putting the finishing touches on our still-yet-to-be-named EP. The Lava Rats are practicing regularly-ish again, and the Reducing Agents still rock out when time allows. I've been going to a lot of shows, hanging out with the fellas (successfully) and chasing the ladies (unsuccessfully). And work work work. Oh, and I've been building bookcases
for Nate.

But tonight I'm back in my element: somewhat sleep deprived and sipping a cup of coffee at the cafe. And dammit does that feel good.

So as I tend to do when I have issues coming up with what to write about, I went back to the archives and looked for inspiration, and today I noticed, no surprise at all, just how much this blog reflects what my main focus in life is: while I was writing the thesis, I wrote a ton of posts about books and literary theory and all that jazz. When I was unemployed, I wrote mostly about the interesting things happening in the world around me, and all throughout I've had music stuff interspersed pretty often.

So what have my posts been about for the last little while? Pretty much nothing. And that's when I realize I'm in a bit of a rut. Much as I feared, free time has not treated me well. I tend to be the type of person who needs a fire lit under their ass, and my buns are barely warm at the moment. So I'm hoping to get something new going, I don't know what. I have a few ideas scattered about, so I'm hoping that once I figure out where my energies might go, it will kickstart a little bit of creative life again, and I will be that much more engaging here on the blog. So with that bit of a downer, I'm calling it a night because I don't really know when I'll be able to get some sleep in the next week or so. Which makes pursuing new projects harder still. Humbug.

No comments: