Monday, September 7, 2009

Tots, Part II

A quick one before I succumb to exhaustion. You may recall, and I'm reaching way back into the vaults for this one, but I wrote a year and a half ago about cheezy tots. Unfortunately, up to this point I have still not ventured into the flavor country known as cheezy tots. Alas, I tend to not be around Burger King in the mornings, and I don't necessarily think that will be changing any time soon.

However, today I happened upon another fast food place I pretty much will never go to again: Sonic. (before going on, I will say that I'd love to go to Sonic a lot more often. However, considering that the closest location is about sixty miles from my house, I don't have a lot of chances to make it out there) At said Sonic, I discovered one of the most wonderful taste sensations from the advent of those golden-brown crispy goodness known as tots. For those of you who know Sonic, you might know where I'm going with this one. For those of you who don't know Sonic, I present you...

Chili-Cheese Tots. That's right kids, cheezy tots are soooo 2008. In the past year, scientists the world over discovered that mere cheese was not enough for tots. No no, good friends. They realized with the addition of chili to said cheese and tots, that the flavortastic wonderment was increased tenfold. Now we can chili-fy our hunger zones in new and fantastic ways for under five bucks.

So, while I still would like to try the King's attempt at injecting the pillowy potato treats I love so dear with cheese, I thumb my nose at them for not having realized the utopia of flavor that is gained by adding chili to these delightful treats.

Thank you, flavor science of the future, for giving my taste buds a five minute siesta from the workaday world while providing me hundreds of empty calories that I can carry around just above my belt for weeks to come.

No comments: