Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pop quiz.


Okay folks, since I spent quite a bit of the evening last night coming up with my facial hair extravaganza, tonight I will keep it simple. I have roughly one week ahead of me in which my work is going to be incredibly slow (slower than usual, which says a lot) and I will still be patiently waiting for July to begin working on my thesis stuff. Here is the crux of my situation: I'm low on cash, I can't comfortably sit around the house and read (the fam doesn't subscribe to the same love of reading that I have, so sitting and reading books for days would be "a waste of time" to those whom I share a home with), and I don't want to spend every waking minute in the coffee shop.

So what can a kid like myself do to kill time in a somewhat constructive way that will not only occupy my attention in my waking hours, but will also keep me out of the ever-vigilant eye of those who might try to rope me into doing "something constructive with my time like vacuuming or re-re-re-organizing things around the house." I hope to do some bike riding, but am at a bit of a loss for other time consuming, yet cost-effective ways to pass the time.

Whaddaya say?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Take up photography?

Grab a camera, walk around the city, see what you see.

Brian Joost said...

grow a mustache

Unknown said...

Go around the city and take pictures of mustaches on hipsters

Jon said...

Painting is fun, but that can get kinda pricey...

Do you live around any cool parks? Bird watching is pretty neat.