Tuesday, June 9, 2009

PDA Plague

I was doing so well, folks. I really was. But I tell you, today kind of pushed me over the edge. I don't know what it was -- I pretty much kept my daily routine as I always would. I took my regular buses, I worked my regular shift; the only thing out of the ordinary was that I went out to a show tonight. But dammit, I swear, I couldn't escape people making out all goddamn day.

On the bus in the morning there was one of those cute couples who commute together. Usually they're all fine, usually it's a little smooch as one gets off at their stop. Oh no, not today. Today there was a couple to the left of me who I swear were making out for a good five minutes. At 8:30 in the morning. I mean, I guess it's good that they both brushed their teeth in the a.m. and didn't have nasty morning breath, but dammit, do you have to do it in my line of sight? I'm just trying to read.

Then on the bus home, it was more of the same. Granted, there was a high school graduation letting out near where I catch the bus, but it went beyond that. I think I witnessed at least four couples making out at different times. That was augmented by the fact that at least two of those four couples involved either lap sitting or straddling (like the above picture, but on the bus. I feel bad for whoever got those seats next) which is just uncalled for in public.

So I put up with it for a little while, and I thought I was past it when I got to the show tonight. I waited in line to get into the venue, and I look behind me and what do my wondering eyes behold? A couple pushed up against the wall just fiercely making out. I get inside, I wait for the opening band to start. I look to my left: making out. I look to my right, a couple is all intertwined in each other. It was just a little bit more than this fella could bear.

So you wonderful folks, if you are lucky enough to have a special someone or even just an insignificant other to make out with when you so happen to choose, all I ask is have the decency to keep the public stuff more on the PG side, and save the hardcore face-sucking for more private quarters, where you are not around people with such a sensitive gag reflex. Thanks.

2 comments:

Jon said...

It's especially horrid when you can hear it as well. I absolutely loathe those lip-smacky noises.

~B~ said...

gah! Agreed! Amazing how when you're involved in the act, you never really notice it, but when you're a forced third-party witness, it's about as obvious and grating as listening to a dentist's drill recreationally.