Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Best. Invention. Ever.


So I was hipped to this by a handful of various people today, though none directly, which is a little reassuring. Apparently Google has created a mail app that is a drinker's best friend. Read all about it here. Essentially, it's a filter that causes you to do some reasonably challenging math in a limited time to make sure that you are functioning at your best. I don't necessarily e-mail whilst intoxicated, but if I do, it's good to know that now I'm protected.

Not a whole lot else to note, other than that Jon has finally revived his blog, which can be seen at the top of my links list.

Finally, on a third tangent, I've started reading the book The Secret history of the American Empire. From the author of Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, it's an eye-opening read about how blatantly the US and the corporations behind it are exploiting foreign countries. While I try my best to be fairly in the know about the modern world, I have to admit: this book is kind of bumming me out. I know that it's not supposed to be an uplifting read or anything like that, but when I'm standing on the bus, half asleep and surrounded by weirdos, I prefer to read stuff that doesn't make feel like no matter what I do, nothing will ever change. At least give me compelling stories with superheroes or something.

1 comment:

Susan said...

At the advice of my sister, I launched Google Goggles yesterday, two days after sending an old bf a drunken late night text. I need this in text messaging version too.