Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend musings.

As most of my San Franciscan readers should know, this weekend was the culmination of LitQuake, and Saturday evening the Mission was taken over by Lit Crawl - a district-wide evening of readings in bars, coffee shops, bookstores, and a handful of other assorted venues. Naturally, I took advantage of the experience to check out a few of the select readings.

One thing I took out of this experience was a rekindled desire to do some creative writing. I know that this happens nearly every time I go to some literary event, but I can't help it. True, for the time being I need to focus on my thesis more, but still, if time allows, I'd like to do a little writing. I'm not just writing this to express my inner conundrum or anything like that; rather, I'm setting up the question:

Do you think it's indulgent for a blogger (more specifically, me) to post creative works on a blog that isn't literature or fiction based?

I'd be interested in your feedback, but make no promises that I'll end up doing it even if you all are into the idea.

1 comment:

RGB Monster said...

I almost feel like you should have a separate creative writing blog.

While I'd love to read your creative writing, and would gladly subscribe to its RSS feed, I'd caution you to diluting anything you're doing here in this space.

Blogs start becoming trite when they're unfocused; you have a good thing going here.