Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A long time coming.

Oh, now that I'm here I don't even know where to begin. I'll just throw out a few sporadic ideas as they pop into my head...

1) Al Davis is the new Howard Hughes. He's weird, he's dictatorial, and I bet he must be storing his urine somewhere in his basement too. Did anyone see him in his press conference today? It was like watching Skeletor. I give him until next season before he has creepy long fingernails, a full beard, and a bunch of Mormons running around doing his bidding.

2) I came surprisingly close to witnessing a fight on MUNI today. That was fun -- apparently it was just some manner of one-sided shoving match. Either way, this woman was screaming bloody murder at like 8:45 this morning.

3) If you don't see me on a very regular basis, I am thinking of undertaking a bit of a change: I think I'm going to give up the wallet chain. This may not seem like much to most, but allow me to explain: I had the same wallet from the seventh grade until a few months back. It outlasted two other chains, probably two dozen pairs of pants or more, and had gotten to the point where I could hardly in good conscience call it "leather" anymore. So now I'm faced with a new and interesting quandary: I need to figure out what wallet best defines me as a person. Plus, my butt will have to adjust to something other than the "old school tri-fold with two snaps" pushed into the ol' bumcakes. I know it's a little ridiculous to worry about these kinds of things, but hey, it's a big change. Some of you might call this change "maturity" or "adulthood" but I don't see it that way. I don't know if I buy into all that growing up stuff.

4) These few days between chapters on my thesis have been a lot of fun. I haven't had to worry about writing, research, or devoting spare time to a specific focused task. Having done this, though, I am curious to see what in the hell I'm going to do with myself once I finish school. I'm not talking on the work front or anything like that, I mean more that I might need some new hobby or something that I can use to occupy my time when I get home from work in the evenings. After two hours of reading every day on the bus, and seemingly infinite amounts of time spent reading/scanning whatever happens to cross my monitor at work, I don't know that going to the coffee shop and reading might not always float my boat. Anyone got suggestions? Wii? Anyone?

5) I give you: witchdog. Look good and deep into those eyes. It expresses my innermost being.

No comments: