Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm not going to say it.


It's the eve of the election, and I know as well as you do that we are currently witnessing history in the making. I look forward to the prospect of standing in line to cast my vote instead of the usual routine of walking to my local polling place and seeing a room empty except for the staffers and maybe a neighbor or two.

But enough about that. I want to fill your heads with random questions having nothing to do with our modern political climate.

- Why do we just call the letter Z "zee" why can't we call it "zed" like the British?

- When will grunge come back into vogue? I don't know that flannel will make a revival, but can the music at least gain a little footing again?

- Does anyone else find it hilarious that hipsterclub.com is actually a networking site for people who have had total hip replacement surgery (or are about to)?

- Polaroid or Diana cameras: which is the ultimate hipster point-and-shoot?

- If you had an RPG game of your life, who would the final boss be?

- Has anyone out there ever had a Craigslist Missed Connection written about them? I know it has to happen out there somewhere, and I've seen some authors of posts on the bus and whatnot, but I don't think I personally know anyone who has had one written about them.

- Facial piercings: passe or still cool?

Arright, it's getting late. I am keeping my fingers crossed until this time tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jon said...

-Canadians call it Zed, too. I don't know why we don't call it that; maybe for the same reason we don't use the metric system?

-Grunge music will come back in a crappy, watered-down form just like punk music has. Give it time.

-Yes. Yes I find that quite funny.

-Polaroid.

-Hmm. An RPG final boss has to be the most evil, vile being in existance....I'd go with either Karl Rove or Ann Coulter. Ooh, there's O'Reilly, too, dammit...

-Not that I know of.

-I'm on the fence about this one. I'd never get one, but some people look good with them.

Pass.

Can you sleep with your fingers crossed?