Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ouch.

Wow. I'm not nearly as young as I once was.

My back feels pretty fucked at the moment. Maybe I can't leap tall buildings in a single bound, and maybe my back isn't the bulwark of muscle it once was, but dammit, I shouldn't be in this much pain still.

I also find it ironic that the first nice sunny day that I could have taken my bike to school, I'm having issues just standing up straight. Thank heavens I naturally slouch all the time.

Well, I'm off to bed. Hope that ibuprofen kicks in, or else it's going to be a loooong night. I haven't felt like this since I last played a full day of football, which coincidentally happened to be another day on which I realized I am not as young as I once was. Tell you what -- the next time I find myself in a situation with a lot of lifting of heavy boxes or some manner of high-exertion exercise, someone do me a favor and remind me ahead of time that I'm getting old and don't have the back for those shenanigans like I used to. Then point me towards this blog.

Bill, if you're reading this in hindsight, you're a dumbfuck for getting into this situation again.

No comments: