Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random smattering.

Arright, it's three a.m. and I have been staring at this blank screen for like fifteen minutes now. Here are a few random things that have crossed my mind recently:

- They're allegedly making a film adaptation of On the Road. I don't quite know how I feel about that.

- Had anyone else out there heard of the term "Opera Queen" before tonight? Neither had I. Apparently it's a label reserved for homosexual men who obsess over opera and particularly, opera divas. Who knew?

- Cyber stalking. I'm curious about this. What is the line between stalking and taking an interest in information available to you? I've heard a few people talk recently about obsessive exes who would keep ridiculously close tabs on people via the Internet and social networking sites. Is this really such a commonplace thing? If so, why don't more people do it to me? Or are they...... (dum dum dummmmmmm)

- I kind of miss teaching. Well, not the grading or the long hours or the lesson planning. Does that mean that I just miss high school in general?

- Does anyone outside of the world of the literati read short stories anymore? We had this discussion in class today about the fact that it's near impossible to get published anywhere as a short story writer unless you put out an earth-shatteringly good collection. How about you non-book nerds? Is the short story a dying art?

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a highly underrated movie. Yes it was critically loved by all, but it's dropped out of our public consciousness already. I say go watch it again.

- I miss having time to read. School or otherwise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i stalk you. :D
but i don't think it's stalking if you know and i comment on ur blog.
aiyeee