Friday, May 2, 2008

Alone with my music.

Well well, dear readers, I did something very unlike myself tonight. I stayed in and relaxed a bit. Yes, I know that I really should have been writing another essay or reading stuff for my thesis or something like that, but I decided to kick back, not go to the cafe, and just read, listen to music, and play FreeCell. I've realized a few things. First: FreeCell is a tool of the devil. It's more addictive than solitaire. And do you know why this is? Because there is ALWAYS a solution. You can't be like "well, I just can't win, I did everything right" because it isn't true. It drives me nuts. Of course, it's the same reason I love the game, but it turns me into some sort of FreeCell junkie. Terrible.

Now, for the meat and potatoes of what I really wanted to talk about...

That's right; music. I know I don't really talk about it often or anything, but I figured a night of listening to my iPod really left me inspired.

So here goes another amazing revelation: The Smiths are a fucking amazing band. This did not just dawn on me, believe me. I have known it since they first hit my ears, but I treated myself to an entire evening of listening to like forty or fifty tracks in continuity tonight. It was surreal.

In other exciting news, We Are Scientists have a new CD coming out. I don't know for sure when it comes out over here, but I picked up the two-disc UK release, which also features a rather entertaining live CD. There is also a ton of digital extras that I haven't taken the time to wade through yet. While it may not be quite as great as "With Love and Squalor" it has held up nicely over the first few listens. They also have a great CD/DVD combo pack which is available on Amazon called "Crap Attack" which has a bunch of good fun. Every time I come back to these guys, I am reminded of why I like them so much in the first place. Plus, their blogs are even funnier than mine.

I'll also throw Imogen Heap into the mix. Most of you know her as the chick from Frou Frou but she also has some pretty awesome solo albums. Check it out. Girl got talent.

Clearly, the quality of my writing is beginning to wane for the night, so I'll stop there and promise still more fun tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Solitaire!!!!!!!