Saturday, May 31, 2008

Interesting...

I got a facebook message this afternoon from a chick in Sweden. Apparently she had some genealogy research done a little while ago, and she has some distant fourth or fifth cousin named... Bill Bergstrom! While neither she nor I are certain if I am the Bill Bergstrom she is looking for, I still find one part of this funny: I have been single just this side of forever, but without trying, blonde Swedish girls in their twenties come looking for me. Makes me question if I'm in the wrong country.

Speaking of the wrong country... I'm glad I don't live in Australia. Apparently assault happens in a very different way there. I'm not so shocked that the decided to chuck a hedgehog at this kid, I'm more just flat-out impressed by the fact that he hit him from "several yards" away.

I guess Mariah Carey could never have done it, unless she's much more deadly accurate with a hedgehog than she is with a baseball...

Guess Nick Cannon doesn't have a lot to teach her.
Trading her for Barry Zito would be one of the few times that adding "Mister one and Eight" would be a pitching improvement.

One last note before I take off, I have been re-reading Kyle Smith's book "Love Monkey" and it's fantastic. It's sort of like the single man's bible. Guys: want something you can relate to that will also keep you in stitches? Read it. Girls: want to know what that guy is thinking when he makes that funny face or tells you "nothing"? Read it. There are parts to this book that I can relate to even more than I'd ever like to admit.

No comments: