Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Time. And some other random stuff.

Isn't it funny, dear readers, how time goes? Two weeks ago, I was at the end of my rope: I had papers to write, readings to do, and no time in which to do it all. Suddenly, I find myself with more time on my hands than I know what to do with. Yes, I do have the option of working at any hour of the day, but if I try to do too much editing in one sitting, I get cranky and half the time develop a headache. I can always read, but I've already finished my first book of the vacation, and am about seventy pages into the next.

And you know what else? I'm going nuts. I don't do well cast freely to the wind like this. I need structure, deadlines, things to look forward to. I need a little teeny bit of stress to keep me going, otherwise I turn into a giant relaxed puddle of mellowness.

Then again, it could just be the single part of me acting up again.

Speaking of which.... I am a great appreciator of craigslist missed connections. I think they're phenomenal. I don't know if this holds true for others, but in the "women for men" missed connections, some spam bot has run crazy and has completely wiped out any real postings with page after page of fake personals. If anyone around here has any connection to anyone with craigslist credentials, bring it to their attention. Because it's some bullshit. Same thing with the personals. They can be fun and interesting to read, and even occasionally respond to (not that I'd ever do ANYTHING like that myself) but when you know you're reading a bunch of computer generated messages that are trying to lure you to a singles site, you get pretty irate pretty quick. I'm sorry, I just know there aren't fifteen hundred women in my general age range with active posts on CL right now.

Anyhow, enough of this. I'm not even hardly making sense to myself, so I know it's time to pack it in.

No comments: